Inspired by the french toast I tasted during my trip to Vienna and Budapest, I decided to make french toast by my self. What is the trick of making good French toast? This was the first try.[/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″]
The Boscolo Budapest Hotel, formerly the New York Palace (Hungarian: New York-palota) is a luxury hotel on the Grand Boulevard of Budapest’s Erzsébet körút part, under Erzsébet körút 9-11, in the 7th district of Budapest, Hungary. Built by the New York Life Insurance Company as a local head office, its Café in the ground floor named New York Café (Hungarian: New York Kávéház) was a longtime center for Hungarian literature and poetry, almost from its opening on October 23, 1894 to its closure in 2001, to reconstruct it into a luxury hotel, as it is now. The café was also reopened on May 5, 2006 in its original pomp, as was the whole building.Wikipedia[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row no_margin=”true” padding_top=”0px” padding_bottom=”0px” border=”none”][vc_column width=”1/4″]
Grill pan with a grid
- 100 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of white bread
- 25 gram butter
- honey or jam
- Mix the milk and eggs in a bowl.
- Take the slices of bread and remove the crust (best is to use thick slices).
- Soak the slices of bread into the mixture for a while (each side).
- Heat up a grillpan and add the butter.
- Place the slices of soaked breading into the pan and heat for 2 minutes on each side (high setting).
- Serve direct and with some honey or jam.
Tip / Notes
Use white bread, and slice it yourself. Make sure the slices are at least 1,5 cm thick.[/vc_column][/vc_row]